- Dan and I awkwardly went back and forth on the question of moving in together
- We decided not to move in together
- I realized most decent bachelor and 1 bedroom apartments were out of my solo price range
- On an unrelated note: the question of moving in together was suddenly reopened
- We decided to move in together
- We found a place we liked
- We got it
- We're moving on up to Forest Hill!
Anyway, if you don't live in Toronto, Forest Hill is uptown. The homes are large, the trees are leafy, and the lawyers are busy. It's the place where a couple recently took another couple to court because, among other things, the other wife just kept on staring at their house for seconds at a time. Though it did prompt this visit from the judicial burn unit:
[24] As I explained to Plaintiffs’ counsel at the hearing, a court cannot order the Defendants to be nice to the Plaintiffs. Litigation must focus on legal wrongs and legal rights – commodities which are in remarkably short supply in this action.
The apartment building Dan and I will be living in is likely far, far away from that part of Forest Hill. But you can never be too careful. Fortunately, I know three people fresh out of law school. And I'm sure (if they define billable hours in cookie units) I can mobilize them if someone so much as squints at my rusty bike and wheezing self.

1 comment:
Congrats! I hope you guys are really happy in your new place!
Post a Comment