Tuesday, November 20, 2012

iBuy It

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life. Because tomorrow is the day I will finally break down and buy a smartphone. Soon I will be Instagram-ing photos of all of my meals and using the word "app" as if it was a form of punctuation. Or whatever it is that kids do these days - I have been so steadfast in my self-imposed technological dungeon, where I get lost traveling to new places, never know a restaurant's Yelp rating, and can't resolve simple trivia questions, to really know what people do with these things. I'm sure they're awesome. I'm sure eventually my hand will grow around my iPhone, and it will sense my every urge, and then tweet it. But before I forget what my life was like pre-iPhone, let us take a moment to mourn my life B.P. Yes, it was filled with hours of tedium and confusion, but also the pleasures of getting lost along the way to a bike store, scurrying across a Victoria highway, and running into a pair of quail bobbing along the road.

3 comments:

Paul Prepas said...

Having just converted myself, it is definitely a life changer. I have to remind myself to put down the phone constantly. I am a total addict.

Freshwater Mermaid said...

Get an Android! ...also, only you could get lost in new neighbourhoods in a dungeon :)

Freshwater Mermaid said...

get a droid! ...also, only you could get lost in new places in a dungeon.