Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year, New Lists

Ah, the first days of 2011. They feel rather like the last days of 2010, except I keep on writing the date wrong.

In that spirit of consistency, it's time to engage in the annual Protagitron Checking of the Resolutions. I can't even remember what I resolved to do last year, so I have low hopes of having accomplished any of them. So, let's roll the film:

Protagitron's Resolutions for 2010

  1. Watch Kieslowski's Decalogue

  2. Learn how to make worthy holibshi

  3. Visit Portland all by myself

  4. Knit 5 sweaters

  5. Be more frugal

Yep: that's four solid no's, along with one "kinda", because I did make holibshi once, way back in January. And at some point in May I shaved mould off of some cheddar cheese, which I guess is pretty frugal. Still, that's hardly a record to be proud of.

But that failure's all in the past! The arbitrary changing of a date on a calendar has cleared all that dead wood out of my life, like so many 1-800-GOT-JUNK employees carting away so many elderly refrigerators. So, I will begin a new set of resolutions with the best of intentions, and the conviction I can manage a better than 13.33333% success rate.

Protagitron's Resolutions for 2011
  1. Build a birdhouse

  2. Knit this sweater

  3. Run a 10k

  4. See an octopus underwater

  5. Become a less embarrassing chess player

No comments: