Sorry Bangles, but your Manic Mondays have nothing on my ... Torrid... Tuesdays. Somebody get on finding a better alliteration than that. Anyhow, yesterday two big things happened in the life of Marty.
1. My brother got engaged!
2. And I quit my job!
Now, this isn't necessarily quite the yin/yang of life events it seems. Although my brother's engagement is certainly on the crest of things, my quitting isn't all bad. Sure, it seems likely that I'll never find another job in this city. But on the other hand, I had been unhappy for a while and needed to stop bitching and do something about it.
So, whether I end up back in Toronto, or turning tricks on the street in a few months, at least I can always think back on this week and remember that I was happy. And flush with tax refunds.
3 comments:
You quit! Hooray! Celebration beers when you're next in town! So much yay!
Cheer! You are free from the job of doom!!!!
Thanks guys. The job did have its pluses though.
Post a Comment