Sunday, December 27, 2009

Three For Three

Somehow I made it through the holiday season and unto the other side with no eggnog poisoning or family drama. I also missed every single broadcast of It's A Wonderful Life, A Christmas Story and the Alistair Sim's A Christmas Carol, which rather makes me feel like Christmas shouldn't be over yet... but I'm watching Boxing Day ads on TV, so it is.

Before I left for my Grandma's house, I saw three movies in three days. First, I caught a preview screening of Sherlock Holmes on the 16th. Sure, it would have made sense to blog about it then, but packing had to be done. So, now the movie's come out and you've gone to see it (or Avatar), but if you haven't let me tell you that it's worth a Cheap Tuesday ticket price. It won't please any true Holmes fan, since it's pretty much Iron Man in a homburg, but it's never boring. It is occasionally confusing, especially the frantic cuts during a lot of the fight scenes, but the chemistry between Downey and Law keeps things humming.

Then, the day after, I went to the Dollar Cinema to see The Hurt Locker, which was worth a lot more than the $2.00 I paid for that. After that, it was Precious, which just kind of wrings you out. Both Mariah Carey and Monique are surprisingly good, although Gabourey Sidibe is even better. After that, I meant to see even more movies, but I grabbed a book instead. After all, if I kept that schedule up by February I would probably run out of movies to see and be reduced to something like Valentine's Day.

Ewwwww.

No comments: