Wait, no, that's the plot of the next Nicholas Sparks novel (in my head) Afternoons in Moca. I've just been holed up with tea and any one of the six papers I'm working on for the end of the month.
Anyway, some links that might entertain or amuse:
The history geek and comic book nerd that are married in my heart are enjoying this graphic novel in progress:
Family Man: Being the adventures of a young man with few answers but a big nose in 18th century Germany.
Also, if you have a store somewhere of juvenile stabs at literary greatness (I have an epic from 2nd grade called Chimp Saves the World) you'll enjoy this girl's attempt at ripping off Sweet Valley High.
1. BROKEN HEARTED: Emily has sworn off dating…forever! She can’t understand why people fall in and out of love or why people get married and then get divorced. Then she suddenly feels really different around her good friend David Morrison. Could this be the dreaded “L” word?
The sad thing is that they sound just like the real thing. Which reminds me: when I was in junior high, I found a volume from a Sweet Valley High rip-off series called Cheerleaders. It was titled Overboard! and the tag line was- I shit thee not- "Romance, AHOY!" Which is something I think of at the most inopportune moments, and giggle.
1 comment:
Hi there, I have news for you! News you that I think will both fascinate and amuse... check out my latest blog post!
Post a Comment