Okay, so it's 4 in the morning, and I'm not asleep. Thank you, Douchebag Debaters Society, for choosing 1:30 in the morning to convene outside of my window in the alley. Oh, I shouldn't be too hard on you. One of you made me laugh with "Don't be walking like that! This ain't LAVAL!" And you did break up the meeting, like, two hours ago. I have only myself to blame at this point for my insomnia. I'm just feeling obscurely unhappy with myself right now, and instead of exploring the issue, I'm just bouncing ideas for genre fiction around in my head.
I've always wanted to be behind a series of books. Not, like, Harry Potter levels of success, but the kind of middling series that spits out a new volume every six months or so, for small but consistent profits.
The Butch Strongdyck Adventures:
I really hate the name Dirk Pitt, but Clive Cussler must be doing something right looking at his print runs. Apparently many, many people want to read about a terribly-named man doing ridiculously manly things in the most ludicrous fashion possible. It's never enough for Dirk just to punch someone, he has to punch some one while driving a jeep on a treacherous mountain passage, and instead of punching that person with a fist he's punching them with a cobra. Wait, no, that's something I want to use in the first Butch Strongdyck adventure, "Nile Dragon."Butch also wants you to know that his relationship with Dill McKidd, his wisecracking right-hand man, is only one of deep friendship, and not homoerotic in the least. No matter what Dill says about Bangkok after his fourth sloe gin. Butch Strongdyck is a registered trademark. All rights reserved.
The Two Hearts Agency Mysteries
People, look at the Women's Network, 'cause clearly the desires of an entire gender can be expressed by a network. The ladies, they dig the weddings. And ladies dig mysteries. They'll have to dig something that awkwardly combines the two with a dollop of product placement. Best friends and business partners Kate and Alice run Two Hearts Wedding Planners, and solve more than the case of the poorly altered Jessica McClintock gown. Whether a guest has received a Lalique champagne flute through the throat or choked on a Tiffany Novo engagement ring, Kate and Alice, like the bride, get their man. Also, every title will be a pun, each more horrifying than the last. The first in the series? For Groom the Bell Tolls.
It tolls for HEEEEEE.
By the way, trust me on the time. It's 4:36 am now, but the Blogger time stamp is being all screwy. Oh, I only wish it was still 11:55 pm on the 22.
No comments:
Post a Comment