Sunday, January 27, 2008

Swatch Rx


Look what's sprouted in the middle of the flowers my folks sent me- a swatch. Yes, I'm breaking one of my resolutions already. Neither the Pentagon Aran nor the Poppy Sweater is finished. To tell the truth, they haven't even seen a working knitting needle for weeks. I want to blame the hormone party, school, work, and the weeks of illness, but... I just haven't wanted to knit. I didn't even work on a pair of socks. I was needle impotent. I think I'll get back to all of my works in progress eventually, particularly that Aran, but I needed to find something with fresh knitting mojo. So, I've started a new garment, something I really need in my wardrobe, a simple top-down raglan cardigan.
Manos del Uruguay yarn. Thickish needles. Lots of mindless knitting. I think it's just the prescription for my ailment. And after that, well, I think I owe the Aran some real face time. But I finally want to knit again, and that's good enough for now.

1 comment:

Sahfi said...

That's how I got after doing that big cabled jacket. Big needles and yarn are like Viagra for knitters. It'll get you up and running again...so to speak.