Thursday, December 20, 2007

Disastrix!

In the past two weeks since I wrote about my hat, it has happily been keeping my ears toasty while I have failed in every other aspect of my life. The most recent? The morning of my second to last exam, I realized I had been studying... FOR THE WRONG EXAM. Yes, for the past month or so I had mixed up my two econ course numbers in my head, and it had taken me until the last possible moment to realize my error. Now, if it had been any other class than this one, which I had kind of dicked off in through out the year, I probably could of winged it. But, no, it had to be the one class I had to do well on, to make up for the regrettable midterm which featured me answering a question about utility from fixed proportions of gin and tonics with "Stephen Harper should drink less so I can be spared this question."I will never know if the prof was amused by my answer, because I was too ashamed to pick my test up. So, I desperately tried to cram in some info before I went off to school. "Mmmm hmm, mmm hmmm... don't get it." Toss paper. "Ah, yes, wait... we learned this?" Toss paper. "Ew." Toss paper.

So, I went off to the exam feeling a little, how shall we say, stressed. And then I realized once I got off the McGill metro station that I didn't have my student card, and didn't have time to go back and get it, and briefly considered just passing out in a snowbank somewhere and letting the cruel nature of Montreal take me out of my misery. But no. No, I soldiered on! I signed all the forms about improper ID and whatnot, although if I was faking my identity, I think I would have sent someone I mite more competent in my place. Like the cat. Or the cracker I found under my desk while cleaning, which had probably achieved sentience. But I wrote that exam! And it wasn't a complete horror show, more of just a sideshow. I think I did quite well on the multiple choice, and one or two of the questions. We won't speak of the others. A nice Gentleman's C, perhaps?

And on the bright side, I am going to kick ass on Friday. After all, I'm already prepared.

No comments: