No, it's not the part where my stitches go all wacky. That's from not steaming kinked yarn before knitting with it again (learn this lesson well, children!). How about we do a comparison shot with the book?
That's right! There are only two purl ridges instead of three. Two does not equal three, silly Protagitron! Here, I've made a handy clip n' save reminder so no one else makes the same error.
Laminate it, tape it to the fridge, tattoo it to your body. Just remember it, folks. I had been knitting from a photocopy, but just reading the text, and not looking at the full body picture on the other page. There isn't anything wrong with the pattern- my brain just somehow skipped over the third purl 3 rows, knit 2 rows, and I didn't notice until 24 rows into the ribbing.But all may not be lost. I have a short little body, and I'm wondering if maybe three horizontal bars will visually shorten and widen me even more. I think I'll try on the sweater, decide if it's more flattering this way, or whether I want the dramatic pop of three purl ridges. And if I like it this way, it was always meant to be so. Okay?

1 comment:
aww, I would just leave it as is if it was me, call it a design feature. I bet it's gonna be gorgeous when it's finished....
Post a Comment